Melvin Ford Aquatic Center
Welcome to the Melvin Ford Aquatic Center!
The Melvin Ford Aquatic Center provides something for people of all ages, and swimming abilities. The 50-meter competition pool ranges from 3-8 feet deep and is great for recreational and lap swimming. For younger children, a one foot deep wading pool featuring a rain drop fountain is located on deck. For the more adventurous the Aquatic Center has a diving well 13 feet in depth equipped with two, one meter spring diving boards.
Lap Swim Sessions
When the facility reopens on June 1, multiple lap swim sessions will be offered each day. We will be limiting the number of lap swimmers and swimmers will need to register for sessions ahead of time to be able to enter the facility. Fifteen minutes after session time has started we will be allowing drop-ins to use open lanes. Please let us know if you are running late.
We will be offering multiple sessions per day with a break in-between sessions for additional deep cleaning. Swimmers will be able to register for sessions in advance using the above button for registration(s). Swimmers must have their membership activated prior to registering.
Swimmers will also have to follow specific safety protocols and directives. For a list of these, please see below.
Required for entry into the facility, members must be able to answer "NO" to each of the below questions per Arkansas Department of Health regulations:
- Have you traveled to New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, New Orleans, or Overseas in the last 14 days?
- Do you have symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath?
- Do you have a compromised immune system or a chronic disease?
- Have you had recent contact with a COVID-19 patient?
Further safety measures taken by Bentonville Parks and Recreation are:
- 6 foot spacing must be practiced when entering, exiting, or walking throughout the facility
- 12 foot spacing must be practiced when exercising
- Mask must be worn except when swimming (members must provide their own mask)
- Members must notify a Supervisor or Manager as soon as possible if you test positive for COVID-19 and have used the facility
- Members must clean all equipment with disinfectant wipes before and after each use