Starting Services

117 W Central Ave
Bentonville, AR 72712
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 4:30pm
Phone: 479.271.3100
Fax: 479.271.5917
Or After-hours Emergency:
Quick Links

The City of Bentonville provides electric, domestic water, irrigation water, sewer service and trash/recycling to most addresses within the City. In some cases your home or apartment may have another provider for some services. If you are renting, please inquire with your landlord or call our office with your service address(es) and we will be happy to provide you information as to what services we provide at your specific location.

To establish utility service a signed contract will be required. Please come to City Hall at 117 W Central Avenue during normal business hours to complete the application process. You will need to bring a state or federal government issued photo identification, such as a state id card, U.S. state issued driver’s license, passport, military id or other state/federal photo id with your signature. The City of Bentonville requires you to positively identify yourself to reduce the possibility of identity theft.

If you have not previously had service with the City, the City may require a security deposit. The amount of your deposit will depend on what services are provided to your address and must be paid in advance of starting your service.

For existing customers we may be able to transfer your deposit or if your previous account was closed in good standing, was at least twelve months in duration, and that service ended within the last twelve months we may be able to waive your deposit. Existing customers can transfer service by phone and at that time we can determine if a deposit will be required.

Commercial customers may provide a Irrevocable Commercial Letter of Credit from a financial institution in lieu of a cash deposit.