Bentonville District Court
Consistent with our oath of office, the court will provide courteous, efficient
and safe judicial services to the public, upholding and protecting the
Constitution of the State of Arkansas and the Constitution of the United States
This District Court has jurisdiction over all city and county (within the
surrounding areas of Bentonville) traffic, misdemeanor, city and county
ordinances, civil and small claims cases, if the defendant resides in this
The court is under the direction of a District Judge, which is an
elected four year term.
The Court Staff includes a Chief Court Clerk, A
Chief Deputy Court Clerk, five Deputy Court Clerks, 1 Probation Officer/Bailiff, and 1
You must bring your paperwork with you when consulting the court clerk. Clerks need docket numbers.
OFFICE IS PROHIBITED BY LAW TO GIVE LEGAL ADVICE
This office oversees all traffic violations and misdemeanors in Bentonville and
the Benton County
area surrounding Bentonville. Costs and fines vary according to violation.
- Traffic: Cost $75.00 plus fines ranging from $25.00 to $1,000.00.
- DWI: Cost is $300.00 plus fines ranging from $300.00 to $5,000.00
- Misdemeanors: Cost $100.00 plus fines ranging from $25.00 to $1,000.00.
- City/County Ordinance: Cost is $25.00 plus fines ranging from $10.00 to
(Fines are typical but not limited to the range above)
- Bentonville District Court is in session every Tuesday & Wednesday (See
Arraignments - (first appearance) 7:30 AM
Trials - Wednesdays at 9:30 AM, with
our without Attorneys
Status Hearings - Tuesdays at 1:30 PM
Show Cause Hearings - Tuesdays at 8:30 AM
Sentencing - Fridays at 9:00 AM
This office also oversees small claims and civil cases.
- Civil Cases - $80.00-Maximum amount that can be claimed is $25,000. Trials
are held on the 4th Thursday each month.
- Small Claims Cases - Filing Fee $65.00 - Maximum amount that can be claimed
is $5,000. Trials are held on the 2nd Thursday of each month.
No Civil or Small Claim case will be filed after 3:00 p.m. on any day.