400 S.W. "F" Street
11,000 total plots
The Bentonville Cemetery is located on SW "F" Street, between SW 4th St. & SW 2nd St. This 19 acre cemetery has
11,000 grave sites, 5,500 are filled.
Many graves date back to the mid-1800's and the Mausoleum was built in 1915.
Notable interments include:
- Lt. Col. Samuel Peel (1831-1924), a US Congressman serving from 1883 to 1893 in the US House of Representative.
- Sam Walton (1918-1992), founder of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Governor James Henderson Berry (1841-1913), the 14th Governor of
Arkansas from 1883 to 1885.
- Mary Ann Gilbert, the last freed slave of Benton County.
- Alfred Burton Greenwood (1811-1889), served as an Arkansas State Representative,
Prosecuting Attorney, Circuit Judge, U.S. Congressman and Tax Collector.
- Clarence A . Linebarger (1889-1978), general manager and part owner of Bella Vista, AR
Sales & Fees
||$200 - $300, depending on the location
||$350 (Mon - Fri)$450 (Sat)$550
(Sun & Holidays)
||Call For price
- Provide a 48 hour notice for interment.
- Lot owners are responsible for arranging the purchase,
installation and maintenance of monuments and memorials with a
monument company. Monument maintenance is the responsibility of the
lot owner and family. Please check with the
Bentonville/Bella Vista Chamber of Commerce for contact
information of mortuaries and monument companies.
(Note A map guide viewer is required to view this
map. If you don't have a viewer click
download one for free.)
- Live flowers should be removed within ten days of placement.
- No enclosure or structure should be placed around any grave or
- Cemetery personnel must approve all headstones, urns and vases.
- The City shall have the right to remove any headstone or
inscription that it deems offensive or improper.
- Trees, shrubs and flowers cannot be grown on lots.
However, memorial tree & shrub plantings in select locations may be
arranged with the Public Works Dept.
Projects & Improvements
The Public Works Department is constantly working to maintain and improve the
cemetery. Plans for enhancing the cemetery include landscaping around the
newly installed sign on SW "F" Street, fencing around the perimeter,
installation of security cameras, and a memorial area.
If you would like to volunteer time for maintenance or clean up,
please call (479)271-6826 or visit the
Volunteer web page.