- Parks & Recreation
- New Park & Trail Developments
- 8th Street Gateway Park
8th Street Gateway Park
In December of 2019, Walmart Inc. announced the donation of 75 acres of greenspace for future park development. A previous 23-acre land donation from the Walton family helped establish nearly 100 acres of available greenspace west of the intersection of Southwest 8th and Southwest I streets.
Bentonville Parks & Recreation has solicited public input through site tours, feedback sessions, stakeholder meetings and online surveys to understand the amenities our citizens want to see incorporated into the park.
After visiting with citizens, Bentonville Parks & Recreation has worked with PORT design consultants to create a master plan which focuses on four interrelated aspects: play, connectivity, ecology, and community. This master plan is funded by a Design Excellence Grant awarded by the Walton Family Foundation.
We invite the public to learn more at: https://www.8gatewaypark.com/
Thursday | April 20 | 6-8pm
Bentonville Community Center | 1101 SW Citizens Circle
Overall Park Amenities
- 6 miles of beginner mountain bike trails
- 5.75 miles of paved greenways
- Over 1000 new trees and preservation of existing healthy tree canopy.
- Enhancement and expansion of native upland and floodplain woodlands, prairie and wet meadow landscapes.
- Extensive restoration of existing creeds and other water quality improvements.
8th Street Gateway Park will be composed of three sections: The East Landing, The Central Yard, and The Porch
The East LandingAmenities Include:
- The Cycle Ring, a 2/3 mile paved, gently sloping loop that encircles the East Park. It provides unique vantages of the park
- Storm water filtration gardens
- Signature mountain bike trails
The Central Yard
- Large custom urban furniture for lounging and people watching
- A comfort station and shade pavilion that can host small events, exhibitions and performances
- A flexible plaza space for every day activity, food trucks, and special events
- 1-acre signature playground
- Asphalt pump track
- Skate park
- Wet meadow garden
The PorchAmenities Include:
- The Cycle Ring, a neighborhood-oriented venue where the community gathers, socializes and recreates.
- A balance bike course
- Areas for picnicking and neighborhood oriented structured play
- A small pavilion with restrooms and a plaza.
- 3-acre Great Lawn
- Quarter mile soft-surface running track.