Starting Services

To most of the addresses in the City, the City of Bentonville provides:

  • Domestic water
  • Electric
  • Irrigation water
  • Sewer service
  • Trash / recycling

In some cases your home or apartment may have another provider for some services. If you are renting, please inquire with your landlord or call our office with your service address and we will be happy to provide you information as to what services we provide at your specific location.

Establish Service

To establish utility service a signed contract will be required. Please email or come to the Administrative Services Building at 1000 SW 14th St during normal business hours to complete the application process. You will need to bring a state or federal government issued photo identification, such as:

  • A state identification card
  • U.S state issued driver’s license
  • U.S. Passport
  • Military identification
  • Other state/federal photo identification with your signature

The City of Bentonville requires you to positively identify yourself to reduce the possibility of identity theft.


If you have not previously had service with the City, the City may require a security deposit. The amount of your deposit will depend on what services are provided to your address and must be paid in advance of starting your service.

For existing customers we may be able to transfer your deposit or if your previous account was closed in good standing, was at least 12 months in duration, and that service ended within the last twelve months we may be able to waive your deposit. Existing customers can transfer service by phone and at that time we can determine if a deposit will be required.

Irrevocable Commercial Letter of Credit

Commercial customers may provide a Irrevocable Commercial Letter of Credit from a financial institution in lieu of a cash deposit.