Mobile Food Vendor
A clean environment while serving food is good for your customers and your community. Wastewater from your mobile food business must be disposed of properly to avoid clogging sewer lines or polluting the environment. Even on the go, there is much you can do to protect the environment and avoid fines.
- Submit a copy of the Arkansas Department of Health Service Approval Form as part of the Outdoor Vendor Permit Application.
- Must fill out and submit a Mobile Food Vendor Wastewater Disposal Verification Form as part of the Outdoor Vendor Permit Application.
- If planning to discharge your grease waste within the city limits of Bentonville, you must contact the Pretreatment Technician at 479-696-0293 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an inspection of the proposed grease waste discharge location by the pretreatment division.
• Collect all wastewater from utensil washing in a screen-covered container.
• Collect used cooking oil in a closed container.
• Use a waste grease recycling service or properly permitted recycling/disposal facility for the collection, recycling or disposal of used cooking oil.
• Dispose of any wastewater on the ground, down any storm drain, or sanitary sewer manhole.
• Dispose of any utensil washing wastewater down toilets. Toilets are not connected to grease control devices.
• Dispose of any wastewater at a car wash or any other location not authorized to receive hauled liquid waste or not designated as the approved disposal site for your mobile food vending operation.
• Dispose of utensil washing wastewater down any drain unless it has been verified with the City of Bentonville Pretreatment Division that the drain goes to a Grease Control Device (GCD) approved by the City of Bentonville Pretreatment Division to accept such waste.
• Dispose of any used cooking oil to any drain, even if it is connected to a GCD. This waste must be recycled or disposed of using facilities permitted to accept such waste.
• Break the law. Disregarding any of these prohibitions violates City of Bentonville Pretreatment Ordinance #2012-65, with each violation of our code carrying a maximum penalty of $1,000.00 per violation per day.