• This course is offered at no charge.
• Applicants must be female and at least 14 years of age.
• Applicants are subject to a criminal background check.
• Applications are subject to approval.
• The course consists of three, four-hour, evening classes in the Community Room at the Bentonville Police Department at 908 Southeast 14th Street in Bentonville.
• The course includes hands-on physical training exercises. Please consider your level of physical fitness and ability before enrolling.
• Wear comfortable clothes suitable for physical activity, such as gym or workout attire.
In signing this release, I assert that:
• I am signing that I am in good physical and mental health.
• I have no reason to believe that I am not in good physical and mental health.
• I am fully aware of, and do acknowledge and assume all risk of injury in my participation in this seminar.
• I hereby waive and release the Bentonville Police Department, the hosting organization, the hosting facility in which the seminar is held, the instructors and assistance instructors, for any physical and/ or mental injury suffered by men during any and all training activities for the seminar.
• I have read and fully understand the terms and conditions of this agreement.
1. Report any injury or discomfort to your Instructor immediately. If something does not "feel right," report it.
2. Please do not over-exert yourself.
3. Make eye contact with your Instructor and advise them of your condition when "wellness checks" are conducted.
4. Ask questions when something is not clear to you.
5. No "horseplay" or unauthorized physical contact is permitted at any time.
6. Jewelry or watches are not permitted during physical training.
7. Please report any observed unsafe conditions or violations of this safety protocol immediately.
8. Physical training areas will be clear of materials, clothing and training equipment (unless in use) at all times.
9. We will not compete with one another in this training environment.
10. Training equipment is not to be handled without the authorization of your Instructor(s).
11. Whistles will be used by Control Monitors to stop action during simulation training
12. If you are not involved in a simulation exercise, you will function as a Safety Officer and can stop action for unsafe reasons by yelling "STOP" to the Control Monitor(s).
13. Never use more than moderate force during simulation training exercises or no more than 80% of your potential ability to transfer energy.
14. Weapons are not permitted in the training environment. This includes, but is not limited to, pepper sprays, electronic devices, key chain impact devices, firearms and/ or their ammunition.
I, the undersigned, have read the above safety precautions and expectations listed, they have been explained to me, I understand their intent and meaning, and I agree to adhere to these safety rules.
Find resources for different emergency scenarios for women.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field