Bentonville, Arkansas…The City of Bentonville will conduct the annual fall leaf collection with a few changes to the program this year. Leaf collection will only be managed with a voice call or e-mail notification to register. Citizens may call or e-mail their request for leaf collection beginning Monday, November 23 and until Thursday, December 10. Actual collection will start Monday, November 30 and run through Friday, December 11. City crews will not collect bags that have not been scheduled through the contacts listed below.
Citizens should use the following contacts to schedule a pickup:
Bart Mahony Phone: 479-271-5945
Public Works Maintenance Manager e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jerome Todd Phone: 479-271-5945
Public Works Maintenance Assistant Manager e-mail: email@example.com
Rules for this program are as follows:
- Leaves Only. No waste other than leaves will be collected. No limbs will be collected.
- Leaves shall be bagged. Owner is responsible for bags. The City does not supply or sell bags for this program.
- All bags should be placed at the curb at the time a request for pick up is submitted.
- This program applies only to single-family and duplex residential properties. Commercial properties and apartment complexes are not included in this program.
- All bags shall be securely closed and placed within 10’ from the curb or edge of pavement/street. Please place at a location away from your normal trash collection.
- Do not place bags in drainage ditches.
- City forces will not enter private property to collect bags. Bags not placed near the street will not be collected.
- Property owners are responsible for the disposal of leaves outside of the collection program.
- City crews will not collect bags that have not been scheduled via email or voice calls through the contacts listed above.
In addition, citizens may dispose of leaves themselves at the City’s Compost Facility located at 2000 NW A Street. The Compost Facility hours are Monday – Saturday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. The facility accepts grass, leaves, limbs and brush from Bentonville residents with a copy of a utility bill and photo ID. The Compost Facility will be closed on Thursday, November 26, and Friday, November 27 in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday. The facility will be open normal operating hours (8 a.m. – 4 p.m.) on Saturday, November 28.