The City of Bentonville Stormwater Management and Drainage Manual was adopted by City Council on December 9th, 2008. The purpose of this manual is to set forth the technical criteria used in the design and construction of stormwater facilities within the City of Bentonville.
Below is a basic overview of the manual and its contents.
- Section 1 - Submittal Procedures
- This section discusses the requirements of submitting a project to the City of Bentonville.
- Section 2 - Determination of Storm Runoff
- This sections covers the analysis storm water runoff and contains worksheets, charts and figures to help develop the drainage report that has to be submitted with the project.
- Section 3 - Flow in Storm Drains and Drainage Appurtenances
- This section discusses the significance of the hydraulic elements of the storm drain system.
- Section 4 - Culvert Hydraulics
- This section discusses culverts controls and acceptable designs for the City of Bentonville.
- Section 5 - Stormwater Detention
- This section discusses stormwater detention, design methodologies and requirements.
- Section 6 - Flow in Streets
- This section discusses acceptable standards and design criteria for flow in streets
- Section 7 - Storm Drain Inlets
- This section covers the design standards for adding inlets to a storm sewer system.
- Section 8 - Storm Sewer Design
- This section discusses the storm sewer system design guidelines and regulations.
- Section 9 - Open Channel Flow
- This section discusses design guidelines and regulation pertaining to open channels.
- Section 10 - Bibliography
- List of resources for creating this manual