Located west off of SE J Street, Phillips Park is currently slated for renovations in Fall of 2023. Phase 1 of construction will bring seven new lighted ballfields to the park, alongside two current fields, a new concessions and restroom area, and updated parking to its 50 acres. The master plan for the park will include ten full sized ballfields, batting cages, an inclusive playground and more. This will be fully completed in later stages. The park was established several decades ago after Harlon Phillips donated land for what became Field No. 1. Harlon Phillips was a prominent businessman and civic leader in Northwest Arkansas for over forty years—opening his first grocery store, Phillips Grocery Store, in 1953. He subsequently expanded his supermarket business, Phillips Companies Inc., throughout Arkansas. At its peak, the company boasted seventeen Food 4 Less stores in Northwest and Central Arkansas and three Phillips Food Centers. The company was purchased by Walmart in 1991. Walmart then sold the chain in 1995 to Harps Foods Stores, another company based in Northwest Arkansas.